Imagine taking your dog to the vet for a cough and coming home without them. That is exactly what happened to Nicholas Murphy and his dog Gunner. Medics, who gave the dog an injection without warning, did so in front of Nicholas’ younger brother, who just assumed it was antibiotics, it wasn’t.
He only realized what had happened when the vet asked him where they wanted to bury the dog.
The veterinarian did admit that they had made a mistake, but mistakes do happen he said.
The complaint will be overseen by a full disciplinary committee.
Can you imagine just how devastating that would be? This is just one more reminder to cherish the relationship you have with your dog and remember that every day counts!